ASFG TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION
Immediate Supervisor: Principal
1. The teacher has a thorough knowledge and proper qualifications appropriate for the assigned position and stays abreast of recent developments in the field.
2. The teacher uses a variety of teaching techniques suitable to the age and needs of the students and subject matter being taught.
3. The teacher uses data to improve student learning and follows the ASFG section academic improvement plan to reach defined academic goals. Teachers monitor the individual progress of students and provide additional support (intervention) when needed.
4. The teacher establishes a positive relationship with students, which, while recognizing the differing roles of adult and child, are characterized by mutual respect and good will.
5. The teacher collaborates with colleagues and the school’s leadership in the development, aligning, documentation and implementation of curriculum within the context of the school’s overall program and mission.
6. The teacher initiates growth and change in his/her intellectual and professional
development, seeking out conferences, courses, and other opportunities to learn that
satisfies ASFG staff development requirements.
7. The teacher is self-aware and self-monitoring in identifying and solving student, curricular, and school problems. At the same time, the teacher knows the mission and policies of the school and, when questions or concerns arise, raises them with appropriate colleagues and supervisors.
8. The teacher incorporates and promotes the ASFG mission, vision, and philosophy statements in the classroom and in the community.
9. The teacher serves the school outside the classroom consistent with the responsibilities of a professional educator. For example, teachers often serve as advisers, coaches, activity sponsors, intervention specialists, and comply with supervision responsibilities.
10. The teacher participates in the establishment and maintenance of an atmosphere of collegial support and adherence to professional standards.
11. The teacher welcomes supervision in the context of clearly defined and well
communicated criteria of evaluation.
12. The teacher models integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons
as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural, and gender diversity. The teacher demonstrates a professional and ethical attitude at all times.
- Bachelor degree in or related to field.
- Familiarity with US-type school program
- At least 2 years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of curriculum
- Use of technology
- Strong communication
- Letter of intent
- Current CV
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Specify whether will participate in a job fair, which?
- Submitted as a single PDF to Monica Sandoval:
- Subject: << position for which you are applying >>